Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Peanut Butter Pasta



Created this (a simpler version) when I was studying abroad in Beijing and my Chinese hosts requested some authentic American food. My American friend's mom had just him peanut butter and pasta. My Chinese friends had soy sauce and MSG in their house. Hopefully your kitchen is better stocked.

1/2 pound cooked pasta (I like to use penne)
half a green bell pepper
1 cup broccoli
1/2 an onion
1/2 cup corn

For sauce:
about 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 soy sauce
1/4 veggie broth
handful of basil
Sriracha sauce (just a squirt or two)

Sauce: Mix liquids into PB slowly, stirring and stirring until it thins out.

Fry onion in pan with oil. Throw in other veggies and sauce until it is all hot and gooey. Toss with pasta. Not a hard one, but hearty and awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment